Learn how to use natural cleaners as a healthy alternative for chemical-heavy commercial cleaning products. Find out how these eco-friendly green cleaners are better for both your family and the environment.
There is nothing like a clean house, right?
But many of the commercial products available in your supermarket are full of chemicals that can actually be super toxic.
Here at home we are big fans of using non-toxic green cleaning products that are safe to the environment and for our family.
I have rounded up this list with all my favorite green cleaners that are safe, natural and inexpensive to use. With these products you can also create all-natural cleaning recipes because combined they have even more power.
To start getting your house cleaned in non-toxic ways you actually don’t need much. It is likely you have all products already in your home!
And if you don’t have something you can click through the link because I believe that having these products at hand is not only better for your health and environment but also for your pocket as these chemical-heavy products often cost more than the natural ones.
So, are you ready for some green cleaning? Keep reading to learn and understand everything about these natural cleaners.
The best natural cleaners you probably already have at home
Spring is just around the corner when many will go through a deep cleaning routine to get their houses fresh for Spring. Using natural organic cleaners is the best way to get your house in shape using only chemical free cleaning products.
Vinegar is by far one of the most popular organic house cleaning products and an item you can normally find in every household.
Since Vinegar is an acidic substance it can effectively combat everything from grease to other build-ups dirt and it is also super cheap! You can read further about vinegar cleaning hacks here!
A few ideas of how you can use vinegar for non-toxic home cleaning:
- Grab a clean rag and use vinegar to make mirrors squeaky clean
- Rubbing vinegar can give a nice shine to sinks and toilet bowls
- Make a vinegar all purpose cleaner mixture by mixing water, vinegar and a few drops of soap to wipe the floor, counter top and furniture clean.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is another cleaning substance which uses go well beyond the baking recipes. You can use baking soda to naturally clean, deodorize, and freshen every area of your home.
It kills viruses, has deodorizing and grease-cutting capabilities.
A few ways that you can use baking soda for cleaning are:
- Make natural air freshener for your home
- Get rid of bathtub scum by sprinkling baking soda on a damp cloth, wiping it over the grayish scum and then easily wipe it all away
- You can use baking soda to polish silver and stainless steel
- Use baking soda dissolved in water to clean and freshen the inside of your refrigerator
3. Lemon Juice
This is another natural household cleaner than you can get from your kitchen.
Like vinegar, lemon juice works due to its low pH and antibacterial properties.
Another plus is that it smells amazing and will give your home a fresh smell.
Here are a few ideas of how you can use lemon juice to clean your home:
- Kitchen cutting board cleaning; slice a lemon in half and rub it onto the board, it will remove both germs and stains
- Remove scum from glass shower doors by wiping a lemon over it
- Clean the microwave by putting a glass of water with a couple of spoons of lemon juice and bringing it to boiling point in the microwave. Keep the door closed for another 10 minutes and then wipe the surface clean with a cloth. You will find that the food particles wipe away easily and it helps remove odor too.
- Make homemade all purpose cleaner with antibacterial properties by mixing lemon peels and vodka.
4. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Some essential oils are not only great for your health but also to be used as cleaning supplies.
One of the most popular essential oils used for cleaning is tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil has antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties. It is often used to treat skin problems, acne and bug bites but it is super useful for cleaning too.
This essential oil is extremely strong so you just need a few drops diluted with water in a spray bottle to produce a cleaning solution that will be perfect for cleaning and deodorizing your household.
5. Olive Oil
Olive oil is definitely a staple in most kitchens but it has household uses that reach well beyond that.
In fact, olive oil is a great cleaning tool that can polish surfaces and loosen stains, grease, and grime as well.
Olive oil lifts dirt, so it is perfect to use as wood cleaner (alone or in combination with baking soda). It will also give it a nice polish and the scent is also pleasant.
A few ways that you can use olive oil to clean your house are:
- Clean cast iron by scrubbing the pan with a paste made with salt and olive oil.
- Polish wood and stainless steel
- Give a new look to old leather by rubbing a little bit of olive oil around leather scratches.
Home cleaning doesn’t have to be done using dangerous and toxic products. Simply use some of these tried and tested eco and pet safe cleaning supplies and your home will be feeling fresh in no time.
I hope this list of chemical free cleaning products from your kitchen will inspire you to use more natural cleaners to make your home feel like new while protecting our beautiful earth too.
PIN FOR LATER!