Easy 5-minute Homemaking Ideas
Although we would all love to have a cleaner come spring clean the house for us, someone to cook and make the beds, it is often a luxury we can’t really afford.
Luckily there are some super easy homemaking tasks that can be done in only 5 minutes. Making it easy to keep on top of the housekeeping in any household even if you have a family and kids running around ( undoing your hard work ).
Before we share the homemaking tips, here are a few ideas to make these tasks really work for you to create a home you love.
How To Be A Homemaker?
There’s more to being a homemaker than cleaning.
According to Huffingtonpost, A homemaker is someone who creates a home.
Think about all those special touches that make a house a home. Sure, housework, cleaning and cooking is part of that but it’s all those special little touches that really make a family feel at home and safe.
From fresh flowers to candles and the smell of cookies baking. There are really easy things you can do to make your home feel safe and comfortable for your family.
Finding Time To Keep House
We are all super busy and finding time to do any chores can be a task on its own. That’s why we created this small housekeeping tasks that can be done very quickly and easily.
If you take the time to notice, you might be surprised at how many 5 minute periods you actually have a day. Maybe you are waiting for the kids to put their shoes on, or the kettle to boil for a cup of coffee.
Start to use those 5-minute windows to do small home making tasks and you will be surprised at how much they add up to having a clean and organized home.
Another great idea is to print out this list and keep it somewhere you can see it, like in your organizer or in the family command center.
Here are some easy tasks from organization to chores and homemaking tips that you can do in those few spare minutes. Pick ones that appeal to your mood at the time, or to do things that will make the biggest impact to your home care.
Homemaking Ideas For The Kitchen
- Wipe down all the kitchen ledges
- Wipe down the toaster/kettle
- Check the freezer for out of date food
- Clean out one shelf in the fridge
- Unload dishwasher
Homemaking Ideas For The Bathroom
- Check cabinet for out of date products
- Tidy and wipe down bathroom counter
- Refill handwash
- Clean mirror
- Clean hairbrush
Homemaking Ideas For The Living Area
- Water any plants
- Recycle any read magazines
- Plump Up cushions and straighten rugs
- Light a favorite candle
- Declutter coffee table
Homemaking Ideas For The Kids
- Pick up all the toys from the floor into a basket ( and get the kids to put away)
- Plan a fun activity to do with the kids for the weekend or next free time
- Sort out a clothing drawer for items that no longer fit
- Teach Your child how to make their bed or fold their clothes
- Take pictures of the artwork from the week then discard
Homemaking Ideas For Organization
- Create a new home for unorganized items ( like a bowl for keys or small change)
- Put up hooks in useful areas for childrens bags, dogs leash etc
- Organize the cords in your home. Use washi tape or zip ties to get them all neat and tidy.
- Make a list of the organization projects you want to tackle.. and set a date to do them
- Create a space for like items ( keep all candles together or boardgames)
Homemaking Ideas For Decluttering
- Sort through the mail
- Put away all the shoes
- Clean out Your purse or wallet
- Clean out 1 drawer
- Sort out paperwork sat on shelves, desks or other areas.
Homemaking Ideas For Outside Areas
- Shake out front porch mat
- Sweep the front path
- Check the mailbox
- Tidy up the front porch area
- Wipe down front door
Homemaking Ideas For Laundry
- Put on a load of washing
- Fold any clothes
- Wipe down washing machine
- Add a few drops of essential oils to towels in the dryer
- Empty the vacuum cleaner
Homemaking Ideas For Bedrooms
- Pick up all clothes off the floor
- Sort out one part of a closet
- Make the bed
- Sort out jewelry
- Throw out expired or unused makeup
Homemaking Ideas For Life
- Answer texts
- Pay a bill or two
- Check your calendar, add any new events, plan for upcoming events
- Reply to emails
- Do a quick around the house pick up
Homemaking Ideas For Meals
- Meal plan for next week
- Food prep for the evening meal
- Food Prep for school lunches
- Start a shopping list you can add to as you think of items
- Chop fresh veggies and pop in a container in the fridge for an easy go-to snack