Never seem to know the best way to spring clean? Or know how to Spring Clean and get it all done before summer comes around?
Learn how to Start spring cleaning this year…and get it finished with these simple organizing tips.
Why Spring Clean?
If you don’t have a habit of spring cleaning then it is a brilliant home ritual to start.
Spring Cleaning traditions come from cleaning your home after long winters.
When people used to heat their homes with fires, all the soot and dirt from the winter months would get cleaned away in time for the warmer weather.
Although we may not need to clean away soot any more, Spring cleaning is a great way to refresh the air and energy in your home.
It has been shown in many studies that a clean home makes people happier as well as healthier.
Learning how to deep clean your home means that you are removing all those allergens that can cause asthma and other allergies. Making sure every corner of your home sparkles is a great way to get rid of all that dust and germs!
The Best Way To Spring Clean
The best way to spring clean is to find a routine that works for you and stick to it!
Some people like to do one room at a time, others like to start from a corner of the house and just move around, others prefer to start at the top of the house and move down!
Whatever works for you and motivates you is fine but here are a few Spring Cleaning Tips that will make spring cleaning fast and effective.
Spring Cleaning Tips
- Have a plan of attack. Work out how long you have to clean your home and break this time down into doable action plans.
- Write your spring cleaning schedule down! You will be amazed at how motivating a spring cleaning to-do list is when you get to start crossing jobs off.
- Prioritize jobs if you are short on time.
- Start from the top of a room down. There is no point dusting shelves then sweeping the ceilings and cleaning light fixtures so they get all dusty again.
- Be prepared. Make sure you have all your equipment ready so you don’t have to stop and run to the store for supplies.
What Supplies Do I Need To Spring Clean?
Here are some must-have Spring Cleaning Supplies:
Cleaning/Rubber Gloves Microfibre Cleaning Clothes BucketAll purpose CleanerVacuum CleanerToilet BrushBroomLong Handle Duster./ Dusting kit
NewspaperSqueegeeLint RollersScrub BrushDust PanSponge
So you have a spring cleaning routine, the best spring cleaning tools and now you’re ready to go! Next, we want to share some of our best DIY spring cleaning tips.
Easy Spring Cleaning Hacks
Love it or hate it, Spring Cleaning is a must-do chore. And no-one wants to spend unnecessary time and effort cleaning, right?
Here are some of our favorite spring cleaning ideas to help you clean fast and clean better!
- Declutter – Before starting to deep clean your home, get rid off all the clutter. It will make for easy deep cleaning and will create space so it is easier to tidy and organize your room.
Get our free printable which shows you our easy decluttering steps.
- One of the best time-saving spring cleaning hacks is to start with clean and disinfected tools. Empty and clean your vacuum cleaner. Disinfect your sponge and cleaning cloths. An easy way to do this is pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Make sure dusters, brooms and free of dirt and given a wash.
- Don’t spend a fortune on expensive cleaning products. Bicarb and white vinegar are seriously miracle workers. In fact, we love it so much we wrote a whole post on Cleaning Hacks For White Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Find your motivation. Some people love to time themselves while cleaning, others like a reward of takeaway and a glass of wine when they have finished. Find your motivation to keep going and being productive
- Organize as you go. As you clean, organize your home. That way it will stay tidier and be easier to clean all year round.
Click to find our Best Home Organising Tips.
- Check expiry dates. This goes for medicines, food, spices, toiletries and beauty products. You will be surprised how much out of date products you have in your home.
- Be Creative With Your Cleaning. For example, you can use your dishwasher to clean so many things around your home. Think kids toys, plastic storage containers, and even hair brushes! Next time you go to hand clean something, think if it’s possible to clean in the dishwasher while you clean something else.
- A newspaper is much better for cleaning glass, mirrors, and windows than paper towel.
- How to get stainless steal streak free? Cut a lemon and use half to rub on water stains and marks. Great for faucets in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Use lint rollers to clean your lounges, lamp shades, and any fabric-covered items. Such an easy way to eliminate dust.
- Want an easy way to dust blinds? Wrap two microfibre clothes ( or even two old socks ) over a pair tongs. Then pinch and slide along each slate to clean them!
- How to eliminate odors? Simply use coffee grounds. Put some in an open container in your fridge or cupboard until the smell goes.
- Check labels on things like rugs, cushion covers and curtains before you tackle cleaning them.
- Can’t fit your bucket under the faucet? Use a dustpan as a funnel or spout to fill up buckets and other large containers.
- Get those small hard to reach places clean by using a toothbrush or by wrapping a small rag over a butter knife.
Download our Free Spring Cleaning Checklist.
We hope that these spring cleaning hacks help make spring cleaning a breeze for you. Did we miss your favorite cleaning hack? Tell us in the comments and we will add it!